Universal Orlando Resort is a place that allows you to explore the streets of Diagon Alley at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, visit a real-life Raptor Encounter to meet Blue the Raptor, float down the Kopiko Wai Winding River at Volcano Bay, and finish with a cold beverage high in the sky at Bar 17 Bistro on top of Universal’s Aventura Hotel all in one day.
With so much to see and do, how can you get the most out of it during your first-time visit? Here’s a few first timer tips to get the most out of your upcoming visit.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Wed, December 18, 2019
Virtual Queue at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Opens with Advertised Park Hours
Thomas Smith by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks
We’re happier than a womp rat in a sand storm about the response we’ve been getting for our newest attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. It’s clear guests visiting Black Spire Outpost are enjoying the opportunity to help the Resistance in their fight against the First Order.
As more and more guests ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we’ve been testing new ideas to make the overall experience the best it can be. We’ve been learning so much and are focused on continuing to make the process of getting into the park and onto the attraction even better every day and want to ensure all of our guests know what to expect when visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here’s what to know:
Virtual queue will be available at the published park opening time. We may welcome guests onto Hollywood Boulevard prior to opening the rest of the park, and limited nearby locations will be open for your convenience. This includes Trolley Car Café where you can pick up a beverage for your own personal “jump to lightspeed,” and if you need to grab a few galactic gifts, Keystone Clothiers will be available.
At the park’s published opening time, the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens along with offerings throughout the rest of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests must be in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
Due to the incredible popularity of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to distribute backup boarding groups after the initial planned groups have been filled. Backup boarding groups will only be called if all of the initial planned boarding groups have been called back and there is capacity for more riders that evening. If we are able to accommodate boarding groups that evening, guests will be notified through the My Disney Experience app by a push notification (if enabled).
For anyone with questions or needing a hand with the virtual queue, the members of the Guest Experience Team are available throughout the park to assist. And while people wait for their turn to rise up with the Resistance, there’s plenty to do around Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here are a few of our recommendations!
Now is the time to join the cause. Visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Ignite the spark! Light the fire!
As a reminder, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will debut at Disneyland park on January 17, 2020.
Since Walt Disney World reopened after the COVID-19 closure, annual passes have not been available to purchase. Pre-existing passholders have been able to renew or cancel their passes but not purchase new passes outright. Now, some previous annual passholders are being allowed to purchase a new annual pass.
This offer is only available to Annual Passholders whose passes were canceled or expired after March 16th, when Walt Disney World Resort first closed. If you qualify and wish to purchase a new pass, you’ll need to contact Guest Services. Cast Members will determine a guest’s eligibility for purchasing a new pass on a case-by-case basis.
A new food truck is making it’s way to Disney Springs called Hot Diggity Dog!
According to the Disney Springs Twitter page, the new food truck will be open later this month.
The new food truck is said to include “mouth-watering gourmet hot dogs” and yummy house-made chips!
We’re excited to hear more about the new food truck as we get closer to it’s opening day!
Here are 3 flamingo fun facts!
- An adult flamingo is 3.3 – 4.6 feet tall and they weigh anywhere between 3.3 – 9 pounds.
2. Flamingos have a winspan that ranges from 3.3 – 5 feet.
3. Flamingos hold their breath while feeding
You can see our favorite feathered friends anytime at SeaWorld Orlando!
One of my favorite places at Walt Disney World Resort is Disney’s Riviera Resort. Whether I am discovering a piece of artwork for the first time, imagining myself exploring the Riviera, or witnessing the excitement of guests as the Disney Skyliner whisks them away to EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I am truly amazed by Disney Vacation Club’s newest resort.
Today, I’m excited to share with you that the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) has presented Disney Vacation Club with its ACE Project of Excellence Award for Disney’s Riviera Resort. One of ARDA’s most prestigious recognitions, this award recognizes the highest levels of excellence in the resort industry, taking into account the design of the resort, day-to-day operations and more!
Credit Disney Parks Blog
by Valerie Lee, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort
Every Disney parks fan has a wish list and a checklist – things they dream about and things they must do when they visit a Disney theme park. We’re inviting you to create a new list: Your 2021 Disneyland Resort Summer Bucket List!
Our phased reopening is rapidly moving along, and more and more experiences are now available in Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park. The Disneyland Hotel opened its Fantasy Tower on July 2, which means all three Disneyland Resort Hotels are now open, too.
What are you missing, craving and daydreaming about? We created a 2021 Summer Bucket List with a mix of classic and new to get you started. We can’t wait for you to build your own!
- Enjoy some of the original attractions at Disneyland, especially if you visit on July 17, 2021, for its 66th anniversary. A favorite is Storybook Land Canal Boats in Fantasyland, which begins with the giant “Monstro the Whale,” followed by a tour of miniature villages.
- Soon you can take an exotic trip along the world’s most famous rivers on the Jungle Cruise. You’ll laugh your way all the way back to the dock, beginning July 16.
- Stay late for the nighttime festivities at Disneyland! “Mickey’s Mix Magic” returns with fireworks each night throughout the summer, with state-of-the-art projections, dazzling lights and a high energy, family-fun dance party!
- Go for your top score – or have fun trying on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Toy Story Midway Mania and now at WEB Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure.
- Be amazed at how much you learn while being entertained, at The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
- Make a reservation now for the unbeatable brunch at Lamplight Lounge, with waterfront views!
- Dine at Storyteller’s Cafe or Napa Rose and help them celebrate their 20th anniversaries this year!
- Shoot the rapids on Grizzly River Run, and burst into laughter as you and your friends get splashed – or doused!
- Celebrate your birthday or anniversary at the Disneyland Resort, sharing the unforgettable memory with friends and loved ones! Be sure to get a birthday button!
- Take the Disneyland Mountain Challenge: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Keep your eyes open for some favorite Disney characters in some unexpected places. Last week, Anna and Elsa surprised me in front of Carthay Circle Theater.
- Unwind after a long day in the parks at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, which just announced summer value offers* at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the Disneyland Hotel saving up to 25 percent on select rooms, July 5 – October 2, 2021!
- And, if you’re a California resident, take advantage of a limited-time summer ticket offer that’s reserved for some of our biggest fans – residents of the Golden State! The offer, as low as $83 per person per day for a 3-day ticket, can be used on any three separate days through Sept. 30, 2021!
We’re thrilled to welcome you back to the Happiest Place on Earth! It’s a full day of entertainment, and we’re ready to help you create fantastic new memories with your family and friends.
And a friendly reminder: To visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks, a separate theme park ticket and a park reservation for the same date and same park are required for park entry. Park reservations are limited and subject to availability, and a hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access. Visit Disneyland.com for the latest details and all you need to know before you go!
Tell us your 2021 Disneyland Resort bucket list must-do’s in the comments below!
*Offer valid only for California residents within ZIP codes 90000-96199 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of eligible residency, including valid government-issued photo ID, is required for purchase and admission. Tickets expire 9/30/2021 and are limited in availability. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to five tickets per eligible person per day with valid ID. Tickets are nonrefundable, may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Ticket may not be upgraded. Offer subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.